“Live-Love-Learn" Volunteer and Internship Programs
How to get involved
If you are looking to volunteer or do your internship in the amazon rainforest, we would love to have you at RAREC!
We invite you to take a gap time as an opportunity to partake in volunteering opportunities, to take part in our meaningful work and learning opportunities here at RAREC. At our project you will be acquiring professional and soft skills, cultural immersions, to also learning to live independently, all while giving back to our planet and specifically the “Amazon rainforest”. These skills will serve far past your gap time, through the remainder of your professional careers and will be ever lasting memories of a lifetime.
- Laboratory and infirmary, equipped to perform routine check-ups and attend emergencies
- Water reservoirs for kitchens and bathrooms
- Classroom for environmental education programs
- Quarantine area
- Enclosures for a variety of species
- Island for endangered spider monkeys
- Pools for manatee calves
- Ponds for fish breeding programs
- Ponds for arapaima gigas (largest fresh water fish in the world) breeding program
- Pond for adult manatee’s pre -release program
- Fruit tree plantation
- Electrical infrastructure installation with permanent power available all day
- Comfortable shared bedrooms in the Rescue Center, made of sustainably sourced material, for 2 or 4 people
- Exterior bathrooms with warm water in the showers
- Exterior kitchen and dining room
- Exterior recreation area with Wi-Fi, board games, music, movie projector and hammocks
- Laundry room for free use
- Shared bedrooms for 3 or 5 people in the Villas, localized 150 meters from the Rescue Center, for those who wants an upgrade in their accommodations.
- BBQ area.
- Recreational area with videogames, small resto bar and souvenirs store.
- Recreational use of the lagoons for swimming or floating on inner tubes
- 80 hectares of rainforest to trek and know the fauna and flora of the region
- Wi-Fi in volunteers and staff areas (You must take into account that being an area within the jungle, the internet signal received does not allow us to navigate on internet sites that require a high data consumption, this generates that the Wi-Fi work slowly. This situation is not very different from the city of Iquitos where you can’t access to a very strong or fast internet signal, unlike modern cities. But the internet signal accomplishes the basic objectives of communication and search on the internet).
- Each volunteer will be provided with RAREC t-shirts and rain boots, while their stay last.