Volunteer and Internship Programs
How to get involved
If you are looking to volunteer or do your internship in the Amazon rainforest, we would love to have you at RAREC!
Our programs are:
ALL OUR PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). You must confirm if you have any special diet such as vegan, vegetarian, or food allergies before arrival.
- Very quiet work environment to perform daily activities and relax and study at night.
- Outdoor recreation room with fan, hammocks, movie projector, board games.
- Outdoor dining room with a free use kitchen, refrigerator for personal food and drinks, coffee maker and microwave.
- Laundry room,
- Wi-Fi in volunteers and staff areas.
- Each volunteer will be provided with RAREC t-shirts and rain boots for their stay.
- Pick up and drop off in Iquitos Airport (just for stays from 1 week or more)
- One boat ride on the Amazon River to see river dolphins (just for stays from 1 week or more).
- Basic accommodation is included but you can choose to upgrade your room for an extra fee.
- RAREC provides immediate transportation to a medical center if needed, medical expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
- Guidance and advice of the Volunteer Coordinator for your extra activities or tours on your days-off. If your group want the Volunteer Coordinator to accompany you outside RAREC, have to take cover their expenses (transport, entrance fees and food).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Volunteers are responsible for arranging and paying for their own international and national flights.
- Transportation outside RAREC in case of personal affairs or purchases, and days-off is not included. Tickets or any expenses outside RAREC are not included.
- Travel Visas
Included in all programmes longer than a week:
Please email email@example.com and we will send you the details.
For the Vet Student Programe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org