Vet Student Program
Activities in the Vet Course
- Veterinary practices, medical check-ups and lectures previously programmed throughout the week
- Support in the animal’s treatment, assistance in the administration of medicines and monitoring of animal health
- Assist in domestic animal campaigns
- Assist our Veterinarians in the rescues of wildlife
- Professional, qualified mentor
- Support in animal husbandry of different areas
- Preparation of feeding, monitoring of growth, eating and behavior of the animal to detect any incidents.
- Implementation of enrichment
- Potential visits to other rescue center projects in order to support them with medical reviews to their animals.
Note: In this program, interns will receive theoretical and practical classes scheduled throughout their stay and will assist in all the medical activities guided for our on-site veterinarians.
As a rescue and rehabilitation center, the species that are found at the time you choose to come will not always be the same as they were at other times, nor can we promise that you will find a specific species in rehabilitation and all clinical work will depend on what animals are admitted or need treatment during your stay.
As part of the veterinary program, other places may be visited where you will have the opportunity to treat other species that are not in RAREC, to offer the participant the opportunity to learn about greater diversity.
- Students in Veterinary Medicine
- Capable of following rules for animals’ wellbeing
- ≥18 years old
- Physically and mentally healthy and able to do physical activity in humid environment.
- Medical insurance
- Can be booked from a minimum of 1 week to more
Initial Dates: Just Mondays, weeks are counted from Monday to Sunday
The program includes accommodations, all meals and extra activities, please check the details here.
What is included in the programs:
- All programs include the transportation outside RAREC for activities related to the program such as rescues, veterinary care, etc.
- Stays of at least one week, include one ride on the Amazon River in a boat to spot pink river dolphins.
- RAREC provides immediate transportation to a medical center in the event of the participant's need, medical expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
- Guidance and advice from the Volunteer Coordinator about activities or tours on your days off.
What is not included:
- International or national flights to or from Iquitos.
- Transportation outside RAREC for personal affairs or purchases, and days-off.
- Visa procedures (Check in this link if you need a visa to enter Perú.
- To apply for a volunteer spot, please send an email to email@example.com
Please be aware that the submission of your application does not guarantee acceptance for a spot in the course, so you should avoid making any travel arrangement until you have received acceptance confirmation from us.
- You also can register to this Veterinary Course through Woldwide Vets sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking the Peru Wildlife Internship with Worldwide Vets has several perks. They cover all volunteers with professional/employers liability and indemnity insurance. This covers individuals incase their actions cause any severity of injuries or illness to the animals in their care and accidental property damage. Additionally, they provide 24-7 support to answer any questions you may have, assist you in booking your flights, and provide you advice on packing, travel insurance, etc.