Regular Volunteer Program
Volunteers Make us Strong!
The Rainforest Awareness Rescue and Education Center offers an unparalleled volunteer program, open to students and conservationists from around the world.
By choosing to be a volunteer, you are making a real, lasting difference for the preservation of the Amazon. Volunteers aid in the preservation of endangered species, in the implementation of education programs and community outreach, and in reforestation efforts. RAREC's approach to conservation seeks not only to defend the present-day Amazon, but to protect the Amazon of the future -- by providing the people with the tools they need to save the Rainforest. And it is our volunteers who help us make the change that the Amazon needs, today.
Activities for volunteers in the Regular Program:
- Supporting the rescue and rehabilitation primates, felines, sloths and other wildlife animals
- Support in cleaning areas
- Preparation of food supplements and their delivery to the enclosures
- Bottle feeding babies and calves
- Support enrichment programs for animals
- Monitoring behavior of assigned species
- Introducing external elements to their enclosures
- Observing behavioral changes
- Forage for native foods of animals such as insects, plants, flowers
- Implementation of improvements in different common areas such as signs, boards, etc. In order to improve the organization of the rescue center and the staff
- Support of environmental education at RAREC, and English classes for children in neighboring schools. Another path to achieve our objectives at RAREC is through environmental education and sustainable development. It is not essential for the volunteers to speak Spanish, as RAREC staff will always be supporting and leading the classes. The volunteers will contribute their ideas and organization of topics to achieve the goal. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and practice basic Spanish
- Support in medical and sustainable development campaigns to communities.
As a rescue and rehabilitation center, the species that are found at the time you choose to come will not always be the same as they were at other times, nor can we promise that you will find a specific species in rehabilitation.
- No specific experience necessary, but good team working skills are necessary
- An interest in wildlife conservation, capable of following rules for animals’ wellbeing
- ≥18 years old (Under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
- Physically and mentally healthy and able to do physical activity in humid environment.
- Medical insurance
- Can be booked from 1 night to more
Initial Dates: Mondays and Fridays
Contribution request for Regular Volunteer Program:
Fee per night (less than 7 nights): US$ 65
Fee per night (7 nights or more): US$ 60
|Total nights||Total Fee||Payment for Reservation|
|7||420.00||100% for reservation|
|14||840.00||100% for reservation|
|21||1,155.00||50% for reservation - pending amount 1 month before your arrival|
|28||1,540.00||50% for reservation - pending amount 1 month before your arrival|
|35||1,925.00||50% for reservation - pending amount 1 month before your arrival|
|42||2,226.00||50% for reservation - pending amount 1 month before your arrival|
|49||2,548.00||50% for reservation - pending amount 1 month before your arrival|
|56||2,800.00||50% for reservation - pending amount 1 month before your arrival|
The program includes accomodations, all meals and extra activities, please check the details here.
Note: The deposit in advance ensures you to reprogram your dates until December 2024 if for any reason you can't travel as planned. If for any reason the participants can´t schedule their travel until December 2024, you can reschedule in the future just paying the rate difference.
What is included in the programs:
- Apart from the above details, all programs include the transportation outside RAREC in case we carry out activities related to the program such as rescues, veterinary care, etc.
- In addition, the stays of at least one week, include the ride to the Amazon River in a boat to see pink dolphins, which takes place once in your stay.
- RAREC provides immediate transportation to a medical center in the event of the participant's need, medical expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
- Guide and advice of the Volunteer Coordinator in your extra activities or tours, on the days-off.
What is not included:
- International flight tickets to or from Iquitos.
- Transportation outside RAREC in case of personal affairs or purchases, and days-off.
To apply for a volunteer spot, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will send you the Application Form.
When you fill it, send it to us via email (email@example.com). Please be aware that the submission of your application does not guarantee acceptance for a volunteer position, so you should avoid making any travel arrangement until you have received acceptance confirmation from us.
As soon as you send your completed Application Form, and we confirm your reservation and total donation amount, you can make the deposit through:
Bank account that will be provided by our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Paypal account email@example.com (this is the only one we currently use).
After confirming the receipt of the deposit, we will send you the confirmation of your reservation through a Certificate of Registration.
If the payment was made in advance, the Registration Certificate ensures an open reservation that can be used on any date until December 2024 (depending on availability).
We will also send you the Bio-Safety and Coexistence Regulation and the Guide to prepare your trip to RAREC.